Saturday, February 1, 2020

L00K!

Robert Fulghum stated in his book All I Really Need To Know I Learned in Kindergarten, "Remember the Dick and Jane books and the first word you learned -- the biggest word of all -- LOOK?" What are some things you have looked at with amazement and awe?

Everytime I see a majestic sunrise or beautiful sunset, I am in awe. I never tire of the full moon on the rise. I stare in wonder when the Harvest Moon appears like a huge ball of orange splendor. My first view of the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Old Faithful, or that elusive herd of seven bull moose in Yellowstone National Park all took my breath away. What such memories of awesome looks can you share?

Luke 12:27-28 (MSG) reminds us that we have never seen such color and design as wildflowers display in the fields. "The ten best-dressed men and women in the country look shabby alongside  them. If God gives such attention to the wildflowers, most of them never seen, don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?" That rhetorical question is answered with a resounding, "Of course He will!"

As a child I played in New Orleans' Rose Garden in City Park. Years later as an adult, I wandered through the thousands of multi-colored flowers of Butchart Gardens in British Columbia. I've been privileged to view many other rainbow-like nearly kaleidoscopic landscapes in God's creation. What colorful experiences have caused you to marvel?

Recently my wife and I daydreamed of someday returning to Butchart Gardens. I would like to return to Alaska for my 4th time hopeful of seeing the Northern Lights. With limited opportunity for a chance encounter with the Aurora Borealis, we missed them last fall in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. There is more probability that I will wander the paths of the Garden again than that I will get lucky enough to see the Lights.

I will always take every opportunity to see and thank God for His resplendent marvels. I take joy in wandering in nature just to LOOK!

No comments:

Post a Comment