Friday, February 14, 2020

Lazy Day


A personal note to MyValentine on this 14th day of February, 2020:

Remember, my love, over five decades ago when we used to walk the streets of Searcy, Arkansas, and we would sing a favorite song to each other. I remember that Lazy Day (by Spanky and Our Gang) was special to us.

Blue sky, sunshine, what a day to take a walk in the park.
Ice cream, day dream, till the  sky becomes a blanket of stars.
What a day  for pickin' daisies, and lots of red balloons;
And what a day for holdin' hands and bein' with you.
Lazy day, just right for lovin' away. Lazy day, made for a stroll in the lane.
Baby, you and me (Baby, you and me) and the honey bee ('Neath a shady tree).
Lazy day, lazy day, lazy day for you and me.
Blue sky, sunshine,  flowers bloomin' children sayin' hello.
Row boats, bird notes, people smilin' ev'rywhere that they go.
What a day to be together, and what a sky of blue;
And what a day for thinkin' right out loud I Love You!
Lazy day, just right for lovin' away. Lazy day, made fo a stroll in the...
 Baby, you and me (Baby, you and me) and the honey bee ('Neath a shady tree).
Lazy day, lazy day, lazy day for you and me.

person forming heart shape with their hands
photo by Kristina Litvak/Unsplash.com
 Thank you, Delores, for spending all our lazy days together and for editing all my blogs this year except this one. Surprise! Hope this isn't too embarrassing. By the way, Happy Valentine's Day today and Happy Birthday tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment