Sunday, February 9, 2020

Worth More Than a Million Canaries

Image result for mountain of wild canaries(Luke 12:6-7 MSG) What's the price of two of three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail--even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries.

How's your self image? How many canaries are you worth? There have been times in my life when I didn't think too highly of myself. I used to enjoy parties with no one attending except me. They were pity parties. It was a time to revel in feeling sorry for self. I was good at it. All it would take to snap out of the doldrums and up to the proper altitude was words of affirmation from my wife or a friend, a pleasant memory, or the right music. I once heard Mid McKnight preach that "attitude determines altitude."

Scriptures assuring me of God's love are innumerable and valuable. Not only does He know me down to the number of hairs on my nearly bald head, but He sings love songs to me with lyrics that only He could pen. Listen to the words of Zephaniah 3:17 (MSG)...Your God is present among you, a strong Warrior there to save you. Happy to have you back, he'll calm you with his love and delight you with his songs.

I've done the math. Based on the many promises of God, I'm worth a heap of canaries. The number I conjured was 1,395,207. That's a whole bunch of canaries; but I'm worth it! God said it. I believe it. That settles it.

No comments:

Post a Comment