Sunday, August 2, 2020

Great Somebody

Great Somebody is a song I grew up singing. It's part of a notebook of favorites that I compiled as a teenager. I liked to go through the several hundred typed pages (from an old dot matrix printer) and sing to myself. My notebook is a hodgepodge from the light rock and popular genres (radio tunes), musicals, ballads, folk songs, etc.

I tried searching on Google for this delight from my past but couldn't find it. So here are the lyrics to Great Somebody. No, I'm not going to sing it and attach an audible link. (Don't beg; it's not becoming.)

You get up in the morning and you see the sun high up in the air.
You know there ain't a man who's tall enough to hang it way up there.
Only some Great Somebody could've hung that sun up there.
Now I didn't do it, and you didn't do it. Gotta be a Lord somewhere.

You wonder why the flowers and the trees all bud when you expect they should.
You know there ain't a man who's smart enough to pull a trick that good.
Only some Great Somebody made the buds pop everywhere.








Now I didn't do it, and you didn't do it. Gotta be a Lord somewhere.

Whoever made the smile on a baby's face sure is wonderful.
You know there ain't a man with heart enough to make that miracle.
Only some Great Somebody could've made a thing so rare.
Now I didn't do it, and you didn't do it. Gotta be a Lord somewhere.
Gotta be a Lord...somewhere!

In the beginning God created...(Genesis 1:1)

Yellowstone NP, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment