Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Gratitude

A long, long time ago in a galaxy...not really; but it was some years ago that I first heard a preacher or teacher say that we need an "attitude of gratitude." After not blogging for more than a week, I fittingly thought that I'm grateful for many things today. Allow me to list a few while urging you to ponder your own personal thoughts of thankfulness. I will sprinkle in a few quotes within this humbling topic:
  1. Gratitude teaches us to appreciate the rainbow AND the storm. (Dr. Hibbert)
  2. I'm grateful for my eye doctor's appointment yesterday that assured me my glaucoma is being kept at bay by eye drops and not surgery.
  3. Gratitude bestows reverence allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies...those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. (John Milton)
  4. I'm grateful for the amazingness of my wife. The meals she has fixed us for almost 50 years just keep getting better and better...as does she!
  5. There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle. (Albert Einstein)
  6. I'm grateful that I've been witness to lots of miracles in my life.
  7. Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind. (Lionel Hampton)
  8. I'm grateful that none of my immediate family (me, wife, kids, their spouses, all nine grandkids) have had to deal with the coronavirus as yet. (That sound you may have imagined you heard was my knuckles tapping on my head as I knocked on wood.)
  9. I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. (G.K. Chesterton)
  10. I am grateful that my procrastination has been at least temporarily overcome. I am blogging again. (My blogs are not for you...they are totally for me. Thanks for your patience.)
  11. Gratitude can transform common days into THANKSGIVINGS! (William Arthur Ward)
I Am Gratitude
I Am Gratitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment