Sunday, July 19, 2020

Psalm 119

Psalm 119 is THE chapter in the Bible that completely praises God's Word. Its 176 verses present statements about the incredible nature of the Creator's love letter to His Creation. Synonyms such as word, way, law, statute, precept, decree, command, and promise as well as their plural forms are in nearly every verse. Only five verses -- 84, 90, 121, 122, 132 -- don't contain one of those direct references listed above.

Some of my favorite praise verses are in this beautiful chapter are...

18. Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

24. Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors

89. Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.

164. Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws.

171-172. May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees.
May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous.

There are a multitude of reasons for praising the Lord. One of the greatest of these is His Word.

Psalm 19:105...a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
[photo by Ray Fragapane on unsplash.com]

1 comment: