Monday, April 20, 2020

Christmas Ornament


I acknowledge it's a curious time to be blogging about a Christmas ornament. Quarantined in April in the middle of a pandemic, a blogger searches for bright spots in this world.

red cardinal on tree
photo by Gorge Berberich/unsplash.com
This morning I found one while listening to our daily Bible reading with my wife. I gazed out of my front living room window as is my custom. Behold a bright red male cardinal flew into the large tree in the neighbor's yard across the street. It perched on a branch amid the new spring foliage. To my eye it stood out like an intricately fashioned Christmas ornament.

God had created that crimson spot within a sea of light green leaves for my enjoyment. It was only there for a few moments before taking wing for its next resting place. No doubt its itinerary that day included adding beauty to numerous neighborhood window paintings.

God's Creation frequently comes alive with flashes of brilliant color. I imagined my Lord looking out his picture window as Genesis 1:31 (MSG) describes, "God looked over everything he had made; it was so good, so very good!" I can even imagine the Tree of Life in Heaven decorated for Christmas morning or perhaps for Jesus' return after his crucifixion and triumphant resurrection on Easter Sunday. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment