Monday, April 6, 2020

GodFather

A few months ago, before church became a distance online thing to do, a friend of mine led a very moving prayer in our Sunday morning assembly. Mike's habit is to use the terms Father, God, and even Father God numerous times when leading us in talking to the Lord. All of a sudden that prayer caught an extra level of focus from me. He rearranged the order as I'd never heard him do before. It wasn't wrong; it was just different...unique, especially for him.

He used the term God Father. It almost sounded like Godfather. He had my attention. I'm not sure why; he just did. The Godfather trilogy of motion pictures is among the most critically acclaimed in all of filmdom. It just so happens that I am a movie buff; a movie buff who has never seen any of the Godfather flicks. They just never appealed to me. I'm more of a Hallmark, Jimmy Stewart, John Wayne, and Fifties Sci-Fi Classics kind of guy. I even like the old musicals just not the Godfather.
NOT my God Father!

I was caught by surprise that all of a sudden we seemed to be praying to God-Father. Unlike the gangster mafia family head, our God Father is caring, loving, merciful, compassionate, and understanding. Additionally HE is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. I'm pretty sure He looks nothing like Marlon Brando. Thanks Mike, I relish the opportunities to speak personally with our God Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment