Saturday, January 25, 2020

Home Is Good

Home is a topic of movies, songs, books, and blogs. Directors, producers, screen writers, composers, authors, and even road-tripping bloggers have discovered the way to the hearts and imaginations of their viewers and readers often winds through a place called home.

While tapping her ruby slippers, Dorothy recited, "There's no place like home." "Home on the Range" is where cowboys  never heard a discouraging word. Upon leaving Mississippi today, we passed a state line sign proclaiming "Sweet Home Alabama!" The country group Alabama sings one of my favorite Christmas songs "Homecoming Christmas." The sentiment in this verse is heartwarming:

It's a Homecoming Christmas,
Goin' back to where it all began
Homecoming Christmas,
I wanna be there once again
Memories so sweet and strong
And I've been gone too long
It's Christmas time and I'm goin' home.

Home is where the heart is. Home is where memories are made. Home is my recliner. Home is my wife's amazing cooking. Home is my own bed. Home is comfortable. Home fits. As John Denver sang, "Hey! It's good to be back home again."

No comments:

Post a Comment