Friday, January 3, 2020

Squirrels

As a child did you ever play the game "imagine you are an animal?" What kind would you be? I did play. Sometimes I still play. I like to start my day listening to an audio version of the Bible. My wife and I sit in our living room recliners and focus on 2-3 chapters most mornings. I confess to being easily distracted. My seat is strategically placed to view the front yard and the neighbor's very large tree just across the street. On sunny mornings there can be up to five squirrels rummaging in the grass searching for home building materials or breakfast. They chase one another up, down, and around the tree's trunk. I enjoy watching their antics and acrobatics as they scurry limb to limb. On mornings such as these, I think I might like being a squirrel.

Then one morning we saw a large, ugly buzzard-type bird in the middle of our street. Upon closer examination it was eating road kill...a low-IQ squirrel that just happened to lose a game of chicken with a fast-moving vehicle. I like the way squirrels play. I never said they are always smart about where they do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment