Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Revolution

"Welcome to the revolution!" Tommy Lee Jones threatens the nation with those ominous words in the 1995 Steven Seagal sequel Under Siege 2 Dark Territory. Fortunately Jones and his cronies lost that battle, but it made me think.

On this newest of Happy New Year Days, I'm thinking a revolution is one letter better than my customary annual resolutions. These have included getting healthy, losing weight, exercising more, etc. This year I'm hoping for a real lifestyle change rather than just a vow for self-improvement.

I have titled my rejuvenated efforts into the blogging world as "Swept and dusted but vacant." In Luke 11:25 (MSG) Jesus relates the story of a demon-possessed man who kicks out the sin in his life by sweeping and dusting his house. He then mistakenly leaves it vacant. He could've filled it with Jesus, Bible, prayer, song, fellowship, and a host of other spiritual elements. When the demon returns with friends, the man is more miserably sinful than ever.

The revolution I make must include filling the vacancy with a spiritually healthy agenda. I resolve to make regular blogging a piece of that plan. Therefore I announce to the handful of people who might read this (notice the optimism), "Happy New Year and welcome to the revolution!"

No comments:

Post a Comment