Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Overwhelmed

My impatience is rearing its ugliness this New Year in my renewed efforts at blogging and working out. As James 1:19 states, I try to be "slow to become angry." The entire verse from The Message suggests, "Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and LET YOUR ANGER STRAGGLE ALONG IN THE REAR." I do a reasonably good job of fulfilling that command with others, not so much with myself. I'm like the story of the man praying for patience who adds, "And I want it right now, please!"

Generally I seek knowledge and understanding of new endeavors BEFORE I engage in them. I have mistakenly deviated from that path with my Facebook blog postings and the correct use of the myriad exercise machines at Planet Fitness. This has caused my New Year to become much more overwhelming than anticipated.

In figuring how to post blogs, I inadvertently destroyed the My Story facet on Facebook. When I click it...nothing! I've tried everything I know including reporting the problem to FB and phoning (texting) a friend. As stated above, I'm not a patient man especially when feeling frustrated. At least I have not as yet resorted to throwing, kicking, or yelling at my three sources of Facebook: phone, Kindle, and computer. Praise God for the small favors.

Then there is the issue of my using the exercise machines at Planet Fitness. Meeting with the trainer yesterday was extremely helpful if a little overwhelming at the same time. When she finished she confessed, "I know I've thrown a lot at you." Did I mention feeling OVERWHELMED? As with the gadgets I use to edit and post blogs, I neither kicked nor yelled at any machine or person at my new "gym." They are all way too heavy to throw (small favors again).

Today's plan of attack is two fold. First, wait patiently for solutions from Facebook or my blog mentor. Second, ask for help from the Planet Fitness staff or my wife when the machines don't perform in the way I expect or prefer this afternoon. "Lord, bestow on me patience, and I'll try not to be in too much of a hurry."

No comments:

Post a Comment