Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Change revisited

On May 12, 2020, just a long couple of weeks ago, I published a blog about CHANGE. That was about the frustration I feel when I'm surprised with change. That's what happened when I tried using the Wal-Mart Photo Center App for a new photo book. I had created nine previous volumes on that site over the last decade. I discovered they had changed literally everything. I switched and used Snapfish instead.

Today I opened Blogger to post the next episode in my serial book blog Imagine! only to find a notice of imminent change. Effective the end of June, Blogger is adjusting to a whole new platform for its creators. They urge me to try the new format now rather than waiting for their announced beginning. Didn't they read my May 12 blog?

by Markus Spiske on unsplash.com
I don't like change! I read their entire posting. It did state a writer could opt to stay with the old Legacy format now in use. Then I read further...the ability to revert to Legacy will only last until the end of July at which time everyone will be on the new platform. I must state with no fear of contradiction...I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!

Alas, I will adjust. There is much I like about Blogger. Right at this moment though, I am taking time to wallow in my frustrated unhappiness. 😬 (Blogger names this emoji their grimacing face.)

No comments:

Post a Comment