Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Change! 😑

😑 Blogger's Emoji file of smiley faces states this is a pouting face. I'll admit it's my frustrated look. I seem to implode frequently especially when I'm surprised with Change.

I take comfort in the assurance of Hebrews 13:8 (NIV), "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Not so much Wal-Mart's online Photo Center! 😑

In retirement fall has become my favorite season of the year. We have taken some great road trips during the fall these last three years. For nearly a decade it has been my habit to create a photo book of these trips. This year that plan was delayed...a lot. First I returned home in October with a hacking cough that persisted for several weeks. Unobligingly I shared it with my wife. Her bout lasted about three weeks as well.

After all that cleared up we took some shorter road trips. We went to Gatlinburg and then North Carolina in December with our daughter and grandchild. This past January found us in New Orleans celebrating out 49th anniversary. following that trip, my old nemesis procrastination reared its ugly head followed by this pandemic and its quarantine.

During these last two months of safer at home, when I seem to have all the time in the world, procrastination returned with a vengeance. Yesterday I conquered it and spent several hours at the computer intending to start my fall 2019 photo book. That adventure didn't go so well.

I have created all nine of the previous volumes online at Wal-Mart Photo Center. We'd become like old friends over the last decade. I knew how to make the book: cover, layout, design, adding photos, the whole ball of wax. That candle melted at both ends when I discovered that WM had adjusted every phase of their photo book template. I couldn't figure out anything. Looking around proved fruitless. Pushing buttons got me nowhere. Change! Inevitable but dastardly 😑!

Today my goal is to investigate Snapfish. It's a rival site that children of mine have used and recommended in the past. The beauty of it is that IF Snapfish has changed, I won't even know it. I pray God will send my guardian angel to guide my keystrokes and make the process simple and rewarding...like it used to be. Before the CHANGE 😑 !

photo from brandongaille.com

No comments:

Post a Comment