Sunday, May 3, 2020

Resilience

Road Runner...Beep! Beep!
When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child...and I watched cartoons on television and at the movies. But when I grew up, I put away childish things (1 Corinthians 13:11 NLT)...pretty much all except my favorite cartoon which has always been Road Runner and Wylie Coyote.

I never really liked Road Runner much. He seemed to be a very smart, quick, and strategic BULLY! I could hardly blame him for his continual harassment of Wylie Coyote, since the latter was persistent in his trying to eat the bird.

Wylie Coyote...on the prowl for his dinner
I was concerned that Coyote kept returning to his drawing board with one failure after another. While that displayed his most positive attribute, RESILIENCE, it also was his greatest negative trait as he kept shopping online with the ACME Company. In all those cartoon episodes, Wylie didn't have one single success with the contraptions he built with his mail order plans. He never got his meal...Road Runner Shish Kabob marinated in cactus juice. Ahhh! But he never gave up trying.

That's resilience, perseverance, stick-to-it-tiveness. No matter how many times he ended up at the bottom of a cliff, in a hole, with a large boulder or anvil hammering him into the earth, he never quit!

He bounced back in the face of adversity EVERY TIME! As I laugh at his clumsiness and level of perpetual ignorance, I shall always admire Wylie Coyote's RESILIENCE! 🐺😲😵🐺

No comments:

Post a Comment